Thursday, March 21, 2013

Sigh No More by Mumford & Sons

It is hard to pass up a deal for a vinyl album when the cost of the music is a dollar per song. I have heard these songs constantly on the radio and have since always appreciated Mumford & Sons. I mean how can you compete against a banjo. I believe "The Cave" , the first single I heard from them, is amazing in everyday  It is the perfect break up song. Some people have their break up songs, Gotye , Tom Petty's "You Got Lucky", and so many others but the lyrics are so poetic. The chorus goes

"
But I will hold on hope
And I won't let you choke
On the noose around your neck
 And I'll find strength in pain
And I will change my ways
I'll know my name as it's called again
"

Just the last line is so refreshing, to know your name when it is called again.

I don't need to spend a lot of time selling you on this band. In fact I am sure you are probably tired of hearing them on the radio but if you haven't listen to this whole album... what are you waiting for?

How it was consumed: Amazon purchased vinyl on my Technics SL-Q300

Rating: 8/10 Great. A breath of fresh air if you haven't heard it before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment