Monday, August 8, 2011

Cheeky Monkey

 I discovered this mixed drink at the Flying Saucer this Saturday. I have to say it was not at all what I was hoping for. Golden Monkey beer by Victory Brewing company is on of my favorite beers (though I have not yet reviewed it), so I was excited to see it on the mix drink list at the Flying Saucer. I have never had Framboise before so I had no idea how much it would sweeten this mix drink. I dare say it was close to being as sweet as a Smirnoff ice *shivers*. Though that is a slight exaggeration, Framboise did not add anything the beer. I dare say it just tainted the Golden Monkey. I believe that people who like their drinks/ beers a little more on the sweet side will enjoy this concoction since it isn't too bad. I do ask that you try Golden Monkey by itself before you judge it based on this Cheeky Monkey.


How it was tasted: at the flying saucer in a glass.

Rating: 8/10
1-2= Disgusting
3-4= Not worth the calories
5-6= Average
7-8= Good
9-10= One of my favorite beers


No comments:

Post a Comment